Prius family has best-ever July; Toyota Division pickups increase 15.5 percent
July 2013 Sales Chart
July 2013 Sales Conference Call (audio clip)
TORRANCE, Calif. (August 1, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported July 2013 sales results of 193,394 units, an increase of 12.6 percent over July 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 25 selling days in July 2013 versus 24 selling days in July 2012, TMS sales increased 17.3 percent from the year-ago month.
Toyota Division posted July 2013 sales of 170,363 units, up 11.5 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. On a raw volume basis, Toyota Division sales were up 16.2 percent over the year-ago month.
"Solid industry sales in July point to a stable market indicating a recovering economy,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. “Consumer confidence also maintained elevated levels as evidenced by strong retail sales. For Toyota, we saw growth year-over-year with July sales up more than 16.5 percent.”
Lexus reported July 2013 sales of 23,031 units, up 21.2 percent on a DSR basis, and up 26.3 percent over last year on a raw volume basis.
"The all-new IS is off to a great start in attracting new, younger male customers to the Lexus brand," said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. "With new products such as the IS and widespread availability of core models including the ES and RX, we are looking forward to a strong August to set the pace for the rest of the year."
- Toyota Division No. 1 retail brand for fourth consecutive month
- Camry is best-selling car in America with best July since 2010
- TMS hybrid sales increase about 37 percent and hold more than 60 percent market share
- Prius family posts double digit gains for best July ever
- All-new Avalon posts triple digit gains
- All-new RAV4 sales up more than 28 percent for sixth consecutive record-setting month
- Sienna up more than 10 percent, topping 10,000 units
- Toyota Division pickups increase 15.5 percent
- Tacoma and Tundra increase 22.3 and 7 percent, respectively
- All-new Lexus IS posts triple digit gains month-over-month
- Lexus ES up 62 percent
- Lexus LS up more than 23 percent
- RX leads luxury utility vehicle segment with sales of more than 8,400 units
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume